Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Review: Naked Palette by Urban Decay + makeup tutorial

heyy girls,

this week will be dedicated to the Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 palettes. I know they have been on the market for already a couple of years but since it was requested I figured why not? I also asked on Hellocoton if you were interested and some of you said yes. Don't forget to follow me on twitter for more updates :) This post has 2 parts. The first one will be a short review on the Naked palette and the second will be a look created with this palette. I will list everything that I used for this look at the end. Don't miss the post about the Naked 2 by subscribing to my blog.



Part 1

I really like the Naked palette. I received it last year for my birthday and I have been playing with it since then. I'm a fan of shimmery/satiny finish eyeshadow so for me the lack of matte (there are two matte shades: Naked and Buck) wasn't a down side to it. The eye shadows are very pigmented and easy to blend. There are a lot of everyday neutrals and also some deep colors that you can use at night for a smokey eyes. The colors are all warm shades. You have to wear a primer underneath the eyeshadow if you want it to last all day.
The Naked palette comes with a mini Urban Decay Primer Potion which is my favorite eyeshadow primer and an eyeshadow brush. The brush doesn't shed and it packs on the color very well.






Virgin,Sin,Naked,Sidecar,Buck,Half Baked,Smog,DarkHorse,
Toasted,Hustle,Creep,Gunmetal.





For who?
I recommend this palette for people who really like eye shadows that aren't matte. I think it is a great high-end eyeshadow palette and an awesome palette for beginners.

How much?
It retails for 50$US or 60$CA at Sephora.

Part 2

I've been requested to do a natural eye look with the Naked palette so here is the look that I've created for you:
The camera didn't give justice to the look. The colors looks
more "pigmented" in real life but it still looks natural.
It is a natural look that you can easily wear at school. Personally, I prefer more natural eye looks with a pop of color on the lips. The brush that I use in this tutorial is the Good Karma shadow/crease brush that comes with the Naked 2 palette.
 

1. Prime your eyes!
It will make your makeup last all day. I'm currently trying the Mirabella Prime for face and eyes primer. I really like it because it smooths out your eye lid.


2. Use the color Sin with a large shadow brush. Put it all over the lid.

Sorry for the blurry picture :/
3. Use the color named Buck with your crease brush. Put it in your crease.


4. Use the color Toasted with the same crease brush. Put it in the outer corner in a V shape. It helps to deepen up the look a little.


5. Use the color Virgin with a little pointy brush. I use the ELF crease brush. I like this brush because it's cheap and it does the job.


Sorry for the blurry picture. Again.
 6. Line your upper lash line with your favorite eyeliner. I'm using the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Zero.


blurry, blurry, blurry...:/


7. Curl your lashes! It helps to open the eye. I love the ELF eyelash curler.


8. Apply  a coat of your favorite mascara. Don't forget the bottom lashes!


Useless to specify that my camera did not want to focus...

Everything that I used:
- Urban Decay Naked palette. It retails for 50$US at sephora and at urbandecay.com.
- Mirabella Prime face and eyes primer. It retails for 29$US at mirabellabeauty.com.
- ELF Essential Eye Crease brush. It retails for 1$US at eyelipsface.com.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Zero. It retails for 19$ at sephora and at urbandecay.com.
- ELF Essential Mechanical Eyelash curler. It retails for 1$US at eyelipsface.com.
- Maybelline The Rocket mascara. It retails for 8-9$CA at maybelline.com.

My links
Hellocoton (USA)

 I hope you enjoyed it! I also just want to say a quick thank you to you guys. This weekend I've reached 1000 views which is C.R.A.Z.Y. Thank you soooo much! I'm new to this world but I begin to like it a lot and I love to talk to you guys. From the bottom of my heart, thank you <3 You don't know how much it means to me,

Isabelle -xxx-

No comments:

Post a Comment